Ideas for your Altar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None Ideas for your Altar

Post by Timelady31 on 2011-09-28, 13:27

Hi all,

I dont know if this is the right Thread to post it in so please feel free to move it if it is not: Can I make myself a Altar and if so what you think should be on it? Please be aware that in Germany some Items are not easy to get and can be very Expensive as in the States they might be easy and cheap to get.

Thanks

Timelady
Timelady31

Back to top Go down

None Re: Ideas for your Altar

Post by Timelady31 on 2011-09-28, 14:31

Greets all,

I have opend this Thread because I would find it interesting to hear your Thiughts on this. Please feel free Hope to move it if it is not right Category.

I think for a long time now to make my own Altar but never knew what has to be on it. So I am asking this Forum what they think. Please be aware that certain Things are either expensive or hard - not to get here in Germany as it might be easy to get in the States.

All the Best
Timelady
Timelady31

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-09-28, 15:34

An altar is personal and there are many ways to make it your own personal altar that feels right to you. Some ideas...You can have a themed altar--such as a nature based one with shells, pinecones, stones, bunches of sticks, flowers etc., in pretty containers. You could do a ying yang one with statues of your favorite deities both male and female. Really it's anything that feels right to you and you can change it up from time to time. I don't have an altar per say, but use a pretty table. On mine I have candles in various colors and sizes., incense, oils and sage and gemstones. Some have replicas of various saints, replicas of jesus and the angels, the cross and a bible. I even saw one with the sun and the moon, cut outs of stars and pretty glass beads. Loved that one.

Most anything can be used as an altar, a dressser, a bedside table, even a table tray. It need not be expensive, but should be kept clean and orderly.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishh on 2011-09-28, 15:43

hello....
My idea of altar....
I like my teapoy as altar...
I clean it.... Light incence....
Put roses.... Red candles.... For my love spells ofcourse....
I have heard we can place a golden and silver candles representing god and goddess... To invite them to bless in our spell work.... Well then i put photo of my lover, small rose quartz give positive energy....

Other things that i might need specific for spell.... Also i like to use lavender incense all around.... Basically... Its all about what feels sacred and lovely....

Ishh
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-09-28, 15:49

That's true, what one feels sacred and or meaningful or lovely should be used. I also wanted to add that mine is not static. I have to set up an altar each time I perform a ritual, because my son lives with me and I am private about these type of things. This is not how I raised him and I just feel it's best to keep this to myself. Some of you may have more privacy.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishh on 2011-09-28, 16:09

exactly....
I need to keep my valuable candles, quartz, photo of my beloved in a box,
and spell page.... I set up my altar when i have planned my spell... Thats because i live with roommates.... I like to keep it secret.... Truely would like to keep my spells safe from negative energy....

Ishh
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-09-28, 16:20

I relate to that too.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-09-28, 16:51

http://www.alumbo.com/article/41896-Creating-your-own-Sacred-Altar.html

Timelady, this article provides great tips to creating your own altar. It's basically what Ishh and I have said and then some.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by geri_ong on 2011-09-29, 23:06

i got this from a reader known as Dj Ownbey. sounds good; perhaps might inspire you with your creation, timelady:

What Should I Put On My Love Altar?

1. Vision Board: Tell the story of what you want in pictures. For love magick and love spells you would get a poster board (pink and/or red) tell your story of exactly what you want as done already in pictures.

This practice was used by the Egyptians when a member of the royal family was born. They would tell the story on their walls in pictures of the great things the child was going to accomplish. Amazingly enough it happened! In more recent times President Roosevelt mother did something similar to this when he was born. She pictured him as the president of the United States when he was just a baby, of course it worked. It will work for you too!

Mainstream metaphysics calls this practice a vision board, wheel of fortune, or treasure mapping.

2. Marble Altar Top: Your altar is most powerful with a marble top.

3. Gemstones: Place gemstones and crystals associated with love on your altar (rose quartz, garnet, pearl, ruby, green diamond, amber, red quartz, jade, and lodestone are some of the stones associated with love and passion)

4, Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp: These are very powerful to increase the power for magick and any other type of spiritual practice. Use a Pink Himalayan Salt Lamp if you want more of a spiritual intellectual connection. Red Himalayan Salt Lamps are very good for people seeking more passion and sexual experiences. You can also place both on your altar.

5. Something to represent the four elements: I use a chalice filled with holy water for water, a feather for air, an old rose-bush stem for fire, and a Himalayan salt lamp for earth. In most cases you will already have the four elements represented if you are burning incense and have a bowl of holy water on your altar. The candle flame is fire. The incense is air. Holy water is made from salt and water. So the water is water, and the salt represents the earth.

6. The sixth element (spirit): I have statues of all my favorite Gods and goddesses. I believe that the one G-d manifests itself as the different faces of all Gods and Goddesses throughout history. If I am setting up a love altar then I put all the Gods and Goddesses of the world that are associated with love (such as Venus, Laxmi, Eros, etc). If you don’t have statues you can also picture them via online pictures you can find.

7. Beauty and Inspiration: In India they believe all beauty and the arts are an expression of the Divine. Therefore, I think it is very important to fill your altar with things you find beautiful and incorporate symbolism you feel drawn to and inspired by.

8. Placement Of Your Altar: In Feng Shui the love and relationship corner is any level of your home that is on the far right corner from the entrance way. So you walk in your front door and where is the far right corner of your home? This is the love and relationship corner and you should place your altar there (if possible). Remember it can be any level of your home. In addition, you should decorate with the colours red, pink, and whites in that section of your home. You should also make sure that there is no cluter in that area (especially if you are having relationship problems).
geri_ong

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-01, 15:17

Those are also some great ideas, but just remember your alter does not have to be costly. You can start small and add to later, as you are able to. I can't reiterate enough that it needs to be personal for each individual. It is your own space of worhip and spiritual requests. While others can give ideas of things they believe, no one else should accept them as the only ideas.

I also saw lots of images in Google search of personal altars, though the YouTube videos I found best.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top