Spiritual Advisors vs Psychics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None Spiritual Advisors vs Psychics

Post by Hope on 2011-10-10, 00:09

I had my long list of psychic readings in the past, there were times when I would have 2 or 3 readings in one day, now when I look back, I can say most of these people are just spiritual advisors, working home moms trying to make extra income.
These spiritual advisors help you bring the best energy to your situation and help you feel upbeat, they tell you what you need to hear to be happy the moment you hang up the phone, when you feel down again (and you will ) you can always call back, they lend you a ear and a helping voice, they say they understand you, but they are not psychics, their predictions will change and they will always have a lame excuse, a psychotherapist will do the same with the difference that he is qualified to help you sort your life out, at the end the so call "psychics" do come with an expensive price tag and following their predictions and advices can be dangerous business. I know it first hand because I acted on a prediction and had to pay a high price for my mistake!
Just sharing ....
Hope
Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

None Re: Spiritual Advisors vs Psychics

Post by joanna on 2011-10-10, 01:35

i agree Hope. i went through the same thing but was lucky to not act on some advice provided that would have left me in big danger. it really does become a dangerous habit if one is not careful. i used it as a crutch and will admit that publicly. i don't mind admitting that because i knew why i was doing it.

as you say, i too am just sharing

i have my favorites and have come to not care about outcomes anymore, just enjoy the journey. the present is the present whether it is in our lives for a short time or long.

joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-10, 01:45

I agree with both of you.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by geri_ong on 2011-10-10, 11:51

it recently hit me on what jo says about enjoying the moment. i too, have been swayed by many readers, till i can't trust myself. i decided to take a break, and just follow my gut on what i need to do in order to have what i want.
at the same time, i'm concentrating on my now, rather than keep thinking about my case. lol, funny how i kept lamenting about this, but it only fell on my head like a ton of bricks few days ago.
geri_ong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on 2011-10-10, 12:35

I feel I am over that, it took me a while and I placed myself a ban in readings for almost 1 year, is like braking an addiction, even when you come back, you have to be careful.
This forum has helped me stay grounded because I see I am not the only one, but I have to point out the fact that some of these "psychics" predictions can be dangerous!
Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucybelle` on 2011-10-10, 17:17

It is/can be an addiction, for sure. I used to call psychics to soothe myself over any little anxiety. Now at least it's mostly limited to one relationship, and I limit myself to my regular psychic, and I just think of her as a counselor. However she also is pretty accurate.

There are some out there though who will just cost you a lot of money for very little. You have to be careful. And yes, you do need to deal with your own feelings and empower yourself.

lucybelle`
Quiet Member
Quiet Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Love13 on 2011-10-11, 05:05

I totally agree, I also was addicted to getting readings for a period of time. It was a very difficult time in my life where I was trying to make sense of a situation with a guy in my life and I guess ultimately I wanted someone to tell me I wasn't crazy for feeling the things I felt. I had a ton of readings and it truly became an addiction. On one hand I think it's ok to get psychic readings but on the other hand I think it can be a very dangerous addiction. It's not something most people think of as an addictive vice, so we don't know to be weary of it. Also it truly confused me to the point where I took many actions because I was told by psychics what was really going on or what was to come in the future. Also I spent an insane amount of money and went into a serious debt because of it. My credit score is still screwed up to this day. I got over this addiction the last 1-2 years but I'm still getting over the damage it caused.

Love13
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonGirl on 2011-10-11, 06:47

Im addicted right now Crying or Very sad I am better than I was last month but recently I have had 2-3 readings in a day like Hope says. Its dangerous and Im really trying to stop myself before it gets any worse. Havent had a reading since Friday and thats a big achievement for me lol!
CinnamonGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by arwen* on 2011-10-11, 08:47

Well, you made me thinking Cool
Nooo...I don't think that I am addicted, not indeed...but if this situation I am going through with my son will not end soon, maybe I will become one.

That's only one situation which can force me to search for answers... my own life never bothered me in that way, I was pretty ready to accept future without any insights. Few years ago I was searching answers through astrology, but with time I gave up. Relationship with my husband is pretty hard but I was never qurious in that way in future. Now I think that I just investigating this by the way, cause I have free credit in readings when I am asking about my son.

Hm...but it is really good to think over that. Things can spin out of control easily...
arwen*
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonGirl on 2011-10-11, 08:51

Yes, until this situation with my ex I have never worried about the future or spoken to a psychic, I was never bothered.

Its like I start to feel upset and I get some answers to make me feel better, but then it wears off and I want to get another reading.

Also I can no longer talk to any of my friends about my situation as they just tell me to get over it, and psychics seem to understand.

It just got out of control, but hoping I wont feel a need to speak to them so often soon.
CinnamonGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on 2011-10-11, 09:52

That is the thing, they will not be able to change the course of events, life will happen anyways with or without these "predictions", 90% of them are wrong anyways, how does it help talk to a "psychic" advisor when all they are doing is giving you support and many times false hope.
Save your money and find a local certified psychologist or advisor, or go on vacations, have a make over, have fun, you will have a lot more chances to get real help, do not take me wrong, I believe in spells but some situations must be faced with qualified help, by using these fake psychic services we are just supporting a growing marketplace of fakes.
Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geri_ong on 2011-10-11, 10:18

for me, i feel that a lot of readers come with their own interpretations. the kind of advices they give, may not necessarily be what's best for you, rather, it's what they think it's best for you.

i did visit one though, who told me to train myself to listen to my own inner voice. firstly, to know exactly what you want, and next, is to stay focused and not lose sight at every different comment or opinion you get. the moment we stay focus, automatically, we will know what we need to do in order to get to where we want to be.

it's not easy, because like cinnamon said, most (if not all) people will tell you to "get real". but like what ishh and most of us said, it's imperative we train ourselves to be strong, and just go with the flow, never losing sight of what you want. that is not to say "remain obsessive!", but it's really to let go of the past and start afresh on a clean slate.

hope is right, by listening to so many readers, you end up losing sight of yourself, which is probably the best guiding system we have. tsen (an old member) once told me that readers pick up on thoughts. if you remain strong, keep the faith, what follows is what readers will pick up on.

i do believe though, there will be unwanted influences or situations that will thwart our goals at times. perhaps this is where spells can be useful - to keep your journey to your desires as smooth as possible. so at the end of the day, we still have to take action to receive what is ours.

for me recently, i've been having readings every 2 - 3 weeks (which is really bad for me). sometimes i'm tempted to go for extras, but i tell myself that too close a date in between readings will just serve to further throw me off guard. so i hold it; well, at least i try to, lol.
geri_ong

Back to top Go down

Post by Love13 on 2011-10-11, 18:09

I totally relate to what you're going through. But being away from the period where I was getting an insane amount of readings, I can still see the damage that was done. All those readings really confused my own thoughts about the situation, as well as my own opinions on a certain person (who my readings were generally about). It not only distorts reality but it generally will make you feel even more distant from the people in your lives, because it becomes a such a big secret you have to hide. I still believe strongly that there are real psychics out there and I did find a couple here and there. Regardless I think it's definitely an addiction if you need constant reassurance of a situation via psychic readings. Even with real psychics (and along the way I genuinely became friends with a couple) don't always pick new things up every day with the same client. So when you're calling constantly a lot of the time they're just reiterating the same things they've already told you. I think in the end if you look inward, possibly with meditating or spiritual work, you can make sense of what your "truth" is and what the truth is about the people in your life.

Just my 2 cents...I just wish I could say these things to myself a few years ago, especially as I work my way through all the debt I created and still try to make sense of how much all those readings confused my thoughts and feelings.

Love13
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top