About Superstitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None Re: About Superstitions

Post by geri_ong on 2011-10-13, 22:22

when i was touring SF, i did see an esoteric store offering psychic readings. well, at least there are practitioners there. it's super hard to fiind any local ones here, but i have to admit they are becoming more accepted in this country.

still, like everyone else here, i can't go around and tell people i'm doing so and so, or i might end up in the local mental institution, lol.

i'd be mighty pissed if my man fed me his fluids to keep me, lol. sometimes, i do wonder why i'm going to such an extent (searching for casters) for the person in question, but i realized at the end of the day, what i want is for myself, so perhaps for selfish reasons, one might say.
geri_ong

Back to top Go down

Post by aligrace5 on 2011-10-14, 00:34

im from the south and some of these practices have just become supersticions at this point. (ie. feeding blood, dont sweep under anyones feet, jumping the broom, my family NEVER washes clothes on new years day (someone in the house will die). I would be curious to know how many of our little supersticions came from hoodoo

aligrace5
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-14, 01:09

I also from the South and really don't know the origin of superstitions. I think everybody has heard of the more common ones. Oh oh, I wash clothes almost everyday, so I'm certain I have washed a bunch of Jan. 1st and no one died. What's the feeding blood one? The ones I know is 7 years of bad luck if you break a mirror, step on a crack break your mother's back on a sidewalk, don't open an umbrella in the house or walk undeneath a latter.

http://www.squidoo.com/Superstitions-Revealed

I didn't read this in full, but this may answer.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

None About Superstitions

Post by MOON on 2011-10-14, 01:41

Here its like dont wash clothes on so and so day, dont take clip your nails on so and so day and the days differ from one part of the country to another and in total that means all the 7 days of the week.

if i go that way then i will end up not clipping my nails ever and going bankrupt buying clothes as i am not supposed to wash them.

Laughing
MOON
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-14, 02:17

Lol I wasn't superstitious at all when I was younger, but I since I got into Feng Shui I do a lot of things, and find it kinda the same.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer011 on 2011-10-14, 09:23

reading more about stuff about magic spells and such, i have become more superstitious, right now i just realized it seems that there are some people i dont want to associate with, such as a certain person who does my manicure- pedicure, i dont know if its just coincidence, but everytime she does my nails, something really really bad happens to me...
dreamer011
Quiet Member
Quiet Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-14, 11:15

I think I would find another person to get your nails done. It could be she is an energy vampire. I have met peiple like that, though rarely (only 2 times), where it is exhausting to be around them and as a result it caused me to be out of focus and have little accidents. It could be on those lines. Just their energy is draining, without them even saying a word. I don't know if that is the case with your manicurist but I would be reluctant to go around someone who always caused bad luck, too.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonGirl on 2011-10-14, 12:23

I got this ebook about how to return a lover and it had a spell in it which sounds kind of like a superstition. write your exes name on 3 strips of paper and place them facedown in your right shoe. keep them in there for 9 days. im on day 3 lol. i think it said it was a hoodoo supersition, every step you take is meant to mean a kick in the right direction. it sounds more like a dominating spell to me though. the book is by talia felix, she is a witch and has written a few books. has anyone heard of her? she casts spells as well.
CinnamonGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie on 2011-10-14, 15:37

It's just a ritual, not a superstition. They seem to be associated more with good or bad luck.
Maggie
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum